Saturday, June 26, 2010

Go ahead and laugh


My Mother gave me these little cups ages ago. I wasn't sure what I would use them for, but I thought they were cute and she had two unopened packages of them. Since then I have used them for medication when we're going for an overnight. I also put the kids vitamins in them when we're going to be gone for just one night. They've come in handy.

Today I found a new use for these cute little containers. We were going to the movies to see Toy Story 2. I knew I'd have to pack lots of snacks to keep Gia occupied, since she's a little young to sit that long.
D.R. made some sort of promise regarding a 'treat', so I was forced to include one in our snack bag. We don't deprive our kids of treats and sweets, but we do try to limit them, especially since Gia would like to have treats all day and not eat any real food. I thought it would be a nice surprise for them to find a little container of M&M's in their bags. I had to laugh when I discovered that I could fit just 6 M&M's in each tiny container! Can you see it in there?

When we were home in Rochester last week, my mother in law sent us home with enough M&M's to last us about 3 years at this rate. Grandmother rules are so different than mommy rules.
Both girls liked having their special treat, and neither asked for more. My work here is done!

2 comments:

Heather said...

you can bring a cooler of snacks into your theater.

Ronda said...

They don't say much about the kids bringing in food. I'm always prepared to say that the kids have severe food allergies or something, but I've never been stopped. It was also the 10:30am. showing so I don't think they really cared much.