Saturday, January 16, 2010

All Kids Do It

My Mom always told me that all kids, at some point, will give themselves a hair cut. For that reason I have told Tia over and over again that Ms. Christi (our hairdresser) is the ONLY person who is allowed to cut her hair. Not even Mommy or Daddy are allowed to do it. When she first started using scissors in preschool, I reminded her repeatedly of the no hair cutting rule. I have been pretty confident all along that she knew the rule well and would never try to cut her own hair.
Well, I came home from the grocery store this morning and began cleaning up the messy kitchen floor. What did I find? You guessed it, a curl!


I immediately started asking who did it. Both girls have exactly the same hair color now so I couldn't be sure whose hair it was. Tia told me Gia did it (I wouldn't be surprised). Gia told me Daddy did it (not likely). After I asked a couple of times, Tia said "Mom, I did it, it was me". I almost cried because she had that concerned look on her face, and she was being sincere and honest. I didn't yell at her, I just made her promise to never do it again, and thanked her for telling me the truth.
Thankfully this is all she cut, and I can't even tell where the curl came from. She has a lot of hair! I made sure to let D.R. know that this incident happened on his watch. I asked him where the adult supervision in the house was when it happened! We all had a good laugh about it, and again asked Tia to not do it again.
So, Mom was right, ALL kids do it!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

"Daddy did it." lol. Kids say the funniest things. I'm waiting for Kaylee to do it...