Friday, January 15, 2010

Gia the Talker

Almost daily someone asks me how old Gia is. She will be 3 in April. She talks like an 8 year old. There isn't a thing she can't say, and she's not afraid to say it all! Some days I think she never stops. Even when she's supposed to be napping, I hear her on the monitor talking to her teddy bear. In fact, last week Tia came to me and whispered that she was going to play in her room. She told Gia she was going to lay down. I'm pretty sure she just needed a break from the constant chatter of her sister. I later checked on her and sure enough, she was playing quietly in her room with Barbie's, surely enjoying the quiet.
Gia started a class this week for 2 year olds (Shame on me, no pictures!). She really enjoys it, and the other parents enjoy listening to her (I hope). They have all asked me to clarify how old she is. I quickly realized that none of the other kids in the class can talk like Gia. I'm not bragging, I'm wondering what the heck I'm in for!

Here are some of the things she says that have had me cracking up over the past few days:

We were walking down the hall at school where there was a poster with Elmo and Zoe from Sesame Street. I said "Look Gia, those are your friends". Her quick response was "No, they're not my friends at all Mom. You're my best friend, forever!".

On the first day of class, Gia noticed cubbies and hooks in the hall and asked "Mom, can I hang my coat on the hooker?". I thought I'd fall off my seat at that one!

At play group she sat next to another Mom, not caring where I was, and proceeded to tell this stranger "When I turn 3, my birthday is in April, I'm gonna' have a party with all my friends and Mommy will get me a Strawberry Shortcake cake. It's gonna' be a party". Naturally the mom came over to tell me how delightful Gia is, and ask how old she is!

This morning Gia woke up, came to me for a big hug and said "Mommy, I'm going to be your baby all the time, every day, forever". Now that's music to my ears!

Later in the morning I asked her if she'd like to watch a movie on the big TV upstairs while I took a shower. Her answer was "Is it Blu-Ray?". Seriously?

I promise to get pictures of her at "school" next week.

No comments: