Thursday, September 24, 2009

What did you do in school today?

Remember when your parents would ask you every day what you did or learned in school that day? The usual answer was "nothin'". I can remember my parents asking how that could be possible, I must have learned something!

Well, that's pretty much the answer I'm getting from Tia these days. Today was a big day. She's going to a Christian preschool. Today was to be their first day visiting the chapel, and meeting the pastor. They will do this monthly as part of their religious instruction. I couldn't wait to pick her up and ask her how it went. Here's an excerpt from our converstaion...

Mom: Tia, did you get to go into church today?
Tia: Yup
Mom: What did you do?
Tia: Nothin'
Mom: Did you meet the Pastor?
Tia: Yup
Mom: What's his name?
Tia: Pastor
Mom: Did he say a prayer?
Tia: Nope
Mom: Did he teach you anything?
Tia: Nope

Well, I'm smart enough to realize that I'm not going to get much more out of this kid. I guess as long as she continues to come out of school with a big smile on her face, that's good enough for me.


In other news, I dressed the girls alike today in outfits that I actually bought. They weren't handed down, or bought by loving family members. That's pretty rare! Anyway, I had to take their picture because I know my days of dressing them alike are numbered. I have to do it while I can!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

We get similar responses from Joshua after school. Where do they learn that? The other day, after church, I asked what the story was about. He said, "God and Jesus". The paper he came home with said David and Jonathan though....