Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Toddler Art Class


I'm sure I'm not the only one to say "They never had that stuff when I was a kid". I'm amazed at all the things available for young children now. I signed Gia up for a toddler art exploration class at the local recreation center. We were supposed to start last week but that's when Tia had her fever so we couldn't go.
Gia was very excited to go and meet her teacher. She was also pleased to know she didn't have to go into the babysitting room where we left Tia. Funny how she was perfectly fine leaving her sister there, but wouldn't dream of staying with her!
We started out having great fun with paint and glue, but Gia became quickly irritated by the mess on her hands and wanted to go wash them at every opportunity. Odd, she loves making messes at home.
After about half an hour she became bored with the whole thing and told me she wanted to go get "Sissy" and then go home for "wunch" (lunch). I guess she's a girls who knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to say so!
Here she is proudly displaying the necklace she made. She wore it for a little while then ripped it off and said "Nonna". We'll give it to Nonna tomorrow since she will be in town for Easter.


We'll be back at it again next week!

No comments: