Friday, April 24, 2009

Good intentions, not such a good outcome

Today is a gorgeous, sunny 80 degree day. I promised the girls a walk to the library and then the park. I thought in order to take full advantage of the day, we should pack a lunch. Tia is really into picnics these days, so she was all for it. While making lunch, Tia was watching "Caillou" and noticed he was eating heart shaped pancakes. She thought that was really neat. Not to be outdone by a cartoon Mom, I decided to do shaped sandwiches. We had done this once before for her birthday tea party. I found the biggest cookie cutters I own and here is the result.











We all know I don't like to waste food, so Gia and I had the left over crust for breakfast. Not bad with a cup of coffee!

So, about 5 minutes before we were ready to leave, Tia decided to have a full blown tantrum, complete with screaming that could be heard by neighbors on all sides. I'm not sure what is going on with her but it was not pretty. I made her sit in the naughty chair, then on her bed, still more screaming. Finally I told her that Gia and I were walking to the park and she was free to join us. She followed me and Gia all the way to the park, screaming at the top of her lungs, the whole way. I'm sure all the other Mommy's thought I was a horrible Mom because I just ignored the screaming. I thought it would be unfair to Gia if we didn't get to go, or if Tia got all the attention for having a tantrum. So we played, and listened to irrational, uncontrollable screaming. Eventually (after about 30 minutes) she decided she'd like to have some fun too. We played, got some sun, had lunch/snacks, then it was time to go back home. Miracle of all miracles, neither of them cried when it was time to head home.
I will think of this day each time someone tells me it would be fun to have another baby.
I say, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Do I get Mommy points for having good intentions today? I sure hope so.

No comments: