Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All tuckered out

This morning I had the girls stay upstairs with I cleaned. I thought it would keep them away from the television for at least a little while, and I was right. Tia got right into the groove and started cleaning up her room. She even made her bed, perfectly.
They helped me tidy up, put books away, put clothes in drawers, and change sheets. I think it's a great idea to get them into the habit of helping around the house, and at this age they think it's fun.
We then came down to clean up the first floor. I had the girls put all their blocks away in the play room while I vacuumed the family room. They did a great job.

By 11am. Gia had discreetly gone back upstairs.

A few moments later this is how I found them.





She not only went up to get her pacifier (which is supposed to stay in her crib), she grabbed her favorite quilt that was made with love by Great, Great Aunt Joan.















Apparently toddlers get tired out from doing chores! I think this was their quiet way of letting me know they had done enough.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hey Woman :) I need your e-mail address to send you my pay it forward info. Here is mine:
tryingtostaycalm@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

How cute the kids look all tucked up!