Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Very Happy Mother's Day

We actually had a whole weekend devoted to celebrating Mother's Day this year.

On Saturday we took the kids to the Milwaukee Zoo for a few hours. We typically do something like that on both Mother's and Father's day, so that's just what I wanted to do this year. It was a little chilly but we really enjoyed our time there, and got a lot of walking in. Great bonus for me since I haven't joined the gym here yet.




On Sunday morning I was awakened at 5:45am. by a bright, smiling face and a great big "Happy Mother's Day" from my 6 year old. She told me she was too excited to sleep, and couldn't wait to tell me. I love her enthusiasm for life!

The only thing I wanted for Mother's Day was a family trip to Culver's for ice cream. OK, I lied, I also asked for a park bench to put on the front porch, but we haven't found the right one yet, so that's on hold for now.
So, the most important thing I asked for was that we all go out for ice cream together as a family.
Daddy doesn't eat ice cream but us 3 girls each ordered something different and we all tasted each other's. It was divine!
It was the first nice weather weekend we've had since we moved in. So when we got back from ice cream we all got to work in the yard. We were out there for a couple hours and then the hubby suggested we go out for Chinese food. I had expected to have to cook dinner (yes, even on Mother's Day!) so it was a pleasant surprise to go out. We just went to a little 'hole in the wall' place that we've been to before, but it was so nice to not have to cook or clean up, and to be surrounded by the people I love the most!

The girls wanted to get a little dressed up for the occasion, and I'm glad they did because we got some nice pictures.



I have to say it was a great weekend and I definitely felt the love. The girls said the only things that would have made it better is if their Grandmother's were here. I have to agree with that one.

I hope you all had a very happy Mother's Day too!

No comments: