Saturday, March 31, 2012

Moving Right Along

We've been pretty busy around here lately that blogging has been the last thing on my mind. So sorry for that.

We had an offer on our Illinois house which happened a lot sooner than we ever expected, so things are moving right along. Looks like we'll be moving up to Wisconsin before the end of the school year, and that means lots of phone calls and preparations on this end to make that happen.

The kids were on spring break from school this week so it was the perfect opportunity to head up to the new house and get some stuff done.

There was some of this...

Tia's new room


And a bit of this...

Gia's new room
And new toys to be played with...



And of course Mommy  has her (way too many) cupboards to organize...

How long will it stay like this?

This section is all done!

We even had a surprise birthday dinner for Daddy, of which I took no pictures!

We toured the kids new school and met some teachers. The girls are nervous and excited all at the same time. I can't blame them.

And then we had lunch with the Easter bunny hosted by the local recreation department...


Lots of cute craft projects
I think we accomplished a lot on our week 'off'. The best part was when Tia said she didn't want to leave. For a kid who has anxiety and resists change, I'd say that's some pretty great progress!

Now I'm heading into a few weeks of intense packing and cleaning to get the Illinois house ready for closing. It's also almost time to say goodbye to good friends. Not my favorite part of this process.

If I ever feel like I might want to move again, I hope I remember how hard this was!

Until next time.

No comments: