Monday, September 12, 2011

And the Birthday Celebrations Begin!

I've mentioned before that in my husbands family, birthdays are a big deal and are celebrated for extended periods of time.

When D.R. asked me a while back how I'd like to celebrate my 40th birthday, I told him I wanted to go into downtown Chicago for a weekend and run the annual Chicago Lung Run.  That's it, no party, no fancy dinner, just some family time in the city.
We've been planning the Chicago weekend for months now, even my sister is flying in for the occasion.  So imagine my surprise when I walked into our friends house and was greeted by a boisterous "SURPRISE!".

Apparently my friend Nilu and my adorable hubby have been secretly corresponding for a month, and planning a party.

Here are a few shots from the evening...


Tia chose the cake and design

adult drinky time!

That's the sneaky friend Nilu on the right!
Me and the secret-keeping hubby
It was a great time with lots of fun, laughter, and even games.  They did a fantastic job in all the planning and of course, keeping the secret.  I sure do have a great group of friends and a very thoughtful husband.

Turning 40 feels great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe me, we had more fun planning the surprise!!! I am glad the secret was safe until the D-day...especially with Tia knowing everything!