Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello Kindergarten, Here I Come!

Yesterday was Tia's first day of Kindergarten.  There was a lot of excitement and anxiety leading up to this day. Tia even asked me earlier in the week if I could just cancel kindergarten for her and let her stay home with me.  Forever.

I knew as soon as she got there she'd love every minute of it, and I was right.  Phew!

Here are a few pics of the big occasion...

All dressed up and ready to go!

The big bus

My baby's very own cubby

Awwwww

Oh, that seems like a crazy number!
I met the bus at school, as most kindergarten parents did, and walked her into class.  I made it quick, like a Band-Aid, just rip it off and get it over with!
I held it together pretty well and didn't cry.  Well, that is until I turned around to sneak one last peek at her and she was flashing me the "I LOVE YOU" sign.  Ugh, stab to the heart. Good thing I was on my way out or I might have started to blubber all over the place!

I was so excited for her to get off that bus and tell me all about her day.  I asked a lot of questions, and heard a lot of  "I don't remember" responses.  That's OK, as long as she had fun, which she did.
In fact, she said "Mom, I can't wait to go back tomorrow!".  That's good enough for me.

Bittersweet...my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....and I thought we would already be used to the routine of school going by now. I was SAD for weeks just thinking of Noah in Kindergarten. How fast the kids grow!

I absolutely LOVE the pictures...Tia looks adorable in her dress!