Saturday, May 7, 2011

All About Gia

Lately Gia has been asking for a short hair cut.  If you know anything about this child, you know she is determined, and strong willed to say the least.  We tried to gently talk her out of it, to no avail.
I figure it's only hair, it'll grow back, no big deal, and off to the hairdresser we go.

You should have seen her, my big girl, hopping up in that chair telling the hairdresser (Christi) exactly what she wanted.  Even Christi, who was a bit nervous about it, said "how about we just cut this much".  Nope, Gia wouldn't have it.  She wanted it "short!".


OK then, deep breath, here we go!


She was so proud, giggling the whole time.  She loved it, except one thing...we quickly realized that some how Gia thought her hair would be straight when it was done.  She kept saying "it needs more brushing" and "I don't like my plume".  Her plume is the big curl in the front of her hair.  Oh boy!  What do we do now?  I explained to her that there was really no way we could get rid of her curl in the front, except by putting a barrette in her hair.  Then she was fine, phew!

after
I should mention that the hubby is NOT happy about this new do.  You know how guys are about long hair, especially on their daughters.  All I can say is hey, it's only hair.  It's going to grow back fast because her hair always grows like a weed!  And, she's just as cute with short hair as she was with long hair.  She's a little princess.
Then, as if she wasn't already growing up way too fast, yesterday was her first school field trip!  I can't believe my baby is old enough to have a field trip.
Look how cute she was at the bowling alley...

I love those tiny bowling shoes!
Daddy was there to help
Just so precious.  When did my baby grow up?  Where did the time go?
These are precious moments.

No comments: