Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We're not at all Irish and have never celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  However, the girls are learning about it in school so I figured we had to do something!  I was ill prepared, but a little food coloring goes a long way.  The girls started the day with a nice bowl of green apple sauce.
















They insisted that it tasted like lime or mint.  Try explaining to two preschoolers that food coloring doesn't have a flavor!
Then of course I had to make green pancakes, because I'm crazy like that.  Ahh, nothing like a little  food coloring for breakfast.  I wonder if there have been any studies on the lasting side effects of food dyes.  Nah.

Both girls wore the only green shirts they have.  They are girls after all so most of their clothes are pink and puple!  I never got a pic of Tia in hers, but here is Gia...

She was so proud of her giant green head band for "safe patriss day".

That's the extent of our celebration.  We hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: