Friday, January 21, 2011

Um...Seriously?

The kids always get a few books for Christmas.  Well, they get books for every holiday now that I think of it.  Since Tia will be starting kindergarten in the fall, we thought it would be a good idea to get her some phonics/learn to read books.  Here's what I picked.

You flip the cards over to make different words, then sound them out.  Here's an example.


Pretty neat, right?  Well, I thought it was great too until I came upon this...


Really?  So maybe the book editor was out sick that day.  Or maybe you're just not supposed to combine certain cards or colors (there was no instruction manual).  However, this is a book for preschoolers, what on earth were they thinking!?  Thankfully Tia isn't fully into sounding things out on her own and asked me what the word said.  I quickly said "Oh, nothing, that's not a real word".  Let's move along, nothing to see here people!

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh my! thanks for sharing it was a good chuckle!