Monday, August 9, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Friday was our 6th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by driving 6 hours to Flint Michigan! Actually, we celebrated last month by going out to a wonderful dinner and having an overnight in a very nice hotel. We knew we would be heading out of town on our actual anniversary, so we took care of the celebrations early.
My little cousin Cassandra was getting married in Flint Michigan. We were so pleased when she asked Tia to be one of her flower girls! Tia's been so excited for months leading up to the big event. However, when we got to the rehearsal, she changed her mind and we were pretty sure her baby sister was going to have to stand in for her. Thankfully, she was just overtired and hungry because when the actual wedding day arrived, she did just fine. Here she is pre-ceremony.


The other little flower girl is Olivia. I was trying to explain to D.R. how we're related and it actually shocked me to say it. Olivia's grandfather is my second cousin! I feel old now. However, Olivia's mother is only 22 so I guess I'm not really that old.

We all had a wonderful time at the wedding. My girls both danced the night away with anyone who would join them. It was their first wedding and they sure made the most of it!
I really wish I had more pictures to post but as I've said before, I'm sort of without camera these days. I'm hoping someone else who was there will send along some good ones.

Today, we're back home and back to reality. Lots of unpacking and laundry on our schedule for the rest of the day. It's good to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, how gorgeous Tia looks!!! So beautiful!!!!

I really wish you'd get a new camera soooooooooon.

Amy Jo said...

I bet she'll be talking about that wedding for YEARS to come! What a great experience for her!