Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bon Voyage Nilu

Shortly after Gia was born, I met two wonderful ladies at play group. For some reason Nilu, Anna, and I just hit it off. We still get together even though the play group has since disbanded.
Recently Nilu informed us that she would be spending the ENTIRE Summer in India! My first thought was "how could she do this to us!?". Once I got over the initial shock, I decided that we must get our families together for a picnic, and that the ladies had to have a night out. Not that these things will make me miss her any less, but at least we got to send her off in style!
Unfortunately I didn't take a single picture at our picnic. We all had such a wonderful time but the camera never came out. Of course I thought about it after everyone left.
Last night was our girls night out. We went to a very nice restaurant in town. The food was fantastic, but the company was even better. We realized it had been more than a year since we had gotten together without our kids. Nilu was pregnant with her daughter at the time and we went out for coffee. That was TOO long ago!
So, our sweet Nilu leaves tomorrow for the very long journey to India, with two small children in tow. I'll miss her dearly, even though she assures me we'll be in touch via email and facebook!

Safe travels Nilu. Have fun and we'll be waiting for our next girls night out as soon as you return!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ronda!!! That was a great BBQ at your place and yesterday was even better! I wished the dinner would never end.

This is a first post somebody ever did for me...and it feels really wierd(pleasantly so!). I HAVE to show my mom this!

Have a great summer! I will look forward to your posts!