Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Little Valentines

Valentine's Day in our house is all about the kids. D.R. and I celebrate a week early by going out to dinner. That way we can make the day more special for the girls. Good thing too because the salmon I bought just yesterday for tonight's dinner was expired and we had to scramble to find other things to eat. So much for a nice dinner at home!

This is what the girls saw when they woke up and came to the breakfast table (the flowers were mine from D.R.).
Tia was very excited. Gia on the other hand requires more time to actually wake up and was not impressed!

Well, that is until she realized that the heart had chocolates inside! Caramel filled chocolate for breakfast. Yumm.

Of course they each got a new book because, well we all know how I am about reading!

After breakfast I made them french toast and used heart and flower shaped cookie cutters. I'm so corny, I know. They loved it and asked if we could do it again tomorrow.
Then after our mixed up dinner where everyone ate at different times, we took the kids to the pool. They had a great time and it was a nice end to our special day.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: