Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tia's new Room; Part 1


We have promised Tia that she can have a new room for her 4th birthday in October. We told her she can choose the paint color (which will be pink of course), and that we will get her a "big girl" bed. Our plan got moved up a bit because she has been having trouble sleeping at night and keeps saying her bed is too small. That's probably true since she has been in a toddler bed which uses a crib mattress. She's 3 1/2 now, time to move up. We were all ready to buy her a twin mattress set until I noticed that her convertible crib said it converts to a Full size bed. Good thing we hadn't bought the twin set when I read that information!
So, yesterday when she woke up from her nap, I took the toddler bed apart and then moved the full size bed from the guest room, over to her room. Since I had no planning time in this venture, she doesn't have kid-friendly sheets or comforter. We'll do some shopping this weekend for those.
Of course Gia was very excited about the new big bed and had to get in it too. She has claimed a side, and a pillow! I think she would love to sleep in there with her sister, but there probably wouldn't be much sleeping going on.
The bed seems really big for her room now. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the toddler bed in there, and having lots of floor room. I guess we'll all get used to the new bigger bed/smaller room.
Tia loves her new bed but had a difficult time getting to sleep last night. I guess we all have to adjust to the big change.
My little girl is growing up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My girl is growing up"....I guess we'll keep saying that no matter what age. Just yesterday I put a little clip in Zara's hair and said woefully "Oh my daughter looks grown up!"...and she's just 7 months!