Thursday, April 2, 2009

Only one sickness all year!

Well, yesterday Tia had a low grade fever. Neither of the girls have been sick at all for as long as I can remember. I had suspended my health club membership for the winter months which means the kids wouldn't be going to the day care there. Lo and behold, no colds!
Thankfully the fever lasted less than 24 hours, and she is back to her old cheerful self today. We have spent the last 2 days in the house, watching too much TV, and doing a lot of cuddling. You can't have too much of that. Hopefully we'll get back outside tomorrow.

I was thinking that this is probably the last year ever that we will go a whole school year with no colds in the house. Tia will start pre-school in the fall and I'm sure she'll be bringing all sorts of stuff home with her. I'm pretty sure that stuff will get shared with the rest of us as well. So, I am going to be forever grateful for the one year we had with no illness!

The only other news to report in our family pertains to my job. I usually drive into Chicago once or twice a month to work a few hours in an interpreting center. It's about an hour drive each way. I am happy to report that my company is opening a center a little closer to home, and means a much better commute for me. I will be driving in the opposite direction, away from Chicago, which will be so much more pleasant. I'm really excited about this change and may even accept more work now that it won't be such a hassle to get there.

That's all the news to report in the Salerno family today.
Have a great day!

No comments: