Thursday, January 8, 2009

Six Years Gone By

My husband called me on his way to work this morning to remind me that we met 6 years ago today, January 8, 2003. I have to give him credit, he is always the one who remembers these things. I feel like we have been together forever, and don't remember much of what life was like without him or our girls.
I do remember that when we met, I was not in a great place in my life. Although I was self sufficient and already owned my own home, I was also severely overweight and had a low self esteem. I had just finished up school and was trying to find full time employment. I still can't believe he ever asked me out on a second date! He says he could see the real me, and knew we were going somewhere, even on that first meeting.
I guess he has good insight because here we are 6 years and 2 kids later!

In honor of this special occasion I decided we should have dinner in the formal dining room. We usually do that on days we want to celebrate. Unfortunately our kids are too little to sit through a nice dinner. They ate and that alone is an accomplishment. They didn't sit very long though. I know they won't be little for long so I can't complain.
At least we were all together as a family, sharing a meal, and celebrating a special occasion.

Here are just a couple reasons why I'm still crazy about this guy 6 years later.

1 comment:

The Sugden Kids said...

Congrats on the anniversary! So sweet!