Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I don't (need to) spoil my kids

Most of the time when I am in a store and see something that I would love to buy for my girls, or an outfit I think they would look great in, I just put it down and walk away. Here's why...
I went home to Rochester for literally less than 48 hours. I just flew in with Gia to go to my sisters annual holiday party, and right back out again. Here is a picture of just some of the gifts we received for our kids while I was there. There is one baby doll missing because Tia is still sleeping with it right now, and the two Beanie Babies that my friend Sheila bought are forever in Gia's possession, she won't let me take their pictures. There are also the ornaments they received from my Mom and their adopted Grandparents that are already on the tree. And of course there were a couple of things I just couldn't fit in my suit case, even though I left most of our clothes behind!


I am so grateful for all the people who love to spoil our kids. I'm happy that the girls are still so fondly thought of even though we moved away. I guess that's probably part of the reason why they get so much when we do go home.

My many thanks to all the loved ones who thought enough of our kids to send them these lovely gifts.

No comments: