Thursday, November 6, 2008

Growing up

I realized the other day that Tia is really growing up intellectually. A couple of things happened that caught my attention.

First, the house phone rang and instinctively I looked at the Caller ID to see who it was. I said out loud "Oh, it's Anthony". Tia said "Oh, I want to talk to him!". She answered the phone and proceeded to have an entire conversation. She has never done this before and usually runs from the phone.

Then the other night at dinner, instead of me asking her questions or saying "Tell Daddy where we went today...", she just spoke up out of the blue. During a lull in our dinner time conversation she said "Dad, I saw the tractor cuttin' down the corn today". I was floored! Usually if she talks during dinner it's only because we ask her questions. This time she started the conversation all by herself.

Yesterday while we were getting ready to go out Tia looked at me and said "Mom, I really like your glasses. They match your hair". Where the heck did she learn about flattery?

Tonight Giuliana was reaching for something behind the toy box and just couldn't get it. She started to fuss. Tia got off the couch, went over to her, and said in the sweetest voice "It's OK Ju Ju, you need some help?". She got the toy out for her and said "Here you go".

I know kids grow fast but I am just in awe of the things she is learning and how her mind is developing. She is always sweet and polite and considerate of the feelings of others.

Watching her grow in such a gift.

No comments: