Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas wish list

Tia's latest thing is asking everyone what they want for Christmas. She is also telling anyone who will listen that she wants a yo-yo and a jump rope. She doesn't know how to use either of these items, nor did we buy them for her. They were not on her list when I did my shopping. I was hoping she would forget and move on to something else. So far, no luck. I will probably get her the jump rope but the yo-yo has tears of frustration written all over it.
Last week I had Tia help me wrap D.R.'s gift. It's a new razor. He already knows about it because I needed his help picking out the right one. However, I was trying to teach Tia about keeping things secret, and surprises. I told her not to tell Daddy what he was getting for Christmas. Well, that lasted about 5 minutes and the cat was out of the bag. He happened to be in the bathroom shaving and she said "You got a new one Daddy, it's a surprise". Not anymore sweet girl, not anymore.
Tia has also been asking me almost daily what I want for Christmas. I give her the standard "well, I could use a new pair of slippers...". Apparently that wasn't good enough for her because she said "NO MOMMY, you need a new red dress, and some red underwear too!". I laughed and then quickly told her to go tell Daddy that I need new red underwear for Christmas. We are still laughing about that one. Now I can't wait to see what will be in my stocking!
I think this week she has finally moved away from what Mommy and Daddy want because she asks me several times a day what her cousin Jennifer wants. I tell her I don't know and that we will have to ask. We have even tried to call a couple times to no avail. Jennifer spent a few days with us last summer and Tia hasn't stopped talking about her since. We have already gotten a few nice gifts for Jennifer and I am sure she will be pleased with whatever she gets. Still, little inquiring minds want to know!

No comments: