Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Sweetest Day

I have often mentioned that we live in a real "home town" kind of place where everything seems to be about the kids. Here is yet another example of what I mean.

Today, the Huntley Recreation Center hosted their annual "Sweetest Day Daddy-Daughter Dance". Tia and D.R have been looking forward to this event for weeks. In fact when D.R. mentioned that he was going to wear a pair of slacks and a dress shirt, Tia said "I think you forgot something. You're wearing a suit!". So, to fulfill her wish, he indeed wore a suit. Gia is a bit young to go this year but will most certainly be part of the festivities next year.

Here they are getting ready for the big night out

(For the record, our bed was made until the kids decided to play hide and seek with the comforter.)

Here's Gia noticing Elmo on Daddy's tie


And the very handsome couple on their way


It's 8:00 and they aren't back yet so I can't write about what a great time they had. I will have to get all the details when they get home.

I have to say these are the things that make this a great place to raise a family.

No comments: