Saturday, October 18, 2008

30 Pounds

How fitting that I would be writing about my own weight loss, so soon after my entry on childhood obesity.
Well, the news of the day is that I finally hit the 30 pound mark at Weight Watchers (40 overall). It has taken me almost 16 months to do it. It feels like forever, to be honest. There was a woman at the meeting this morning who had lot 40 pounds in 4 months. I envy her, sort of. I know that this is something I will do for the rest of my life so it doesn't really matter how long it takes. Besides, everyone says when it comes off slow, it's more likely to stay off. Makes sense to me. I read some research that says you should only lose 10% of your body weight at a time, and maintain for 6 months after each 10% so your body can become accustomed to the new weight. I guess my body likes that idea and wants to take it slow.
I feel fit. My clothes are loose. Those 'skinny' clothes that are hanging in my closet from my pre-kids days are calling my name.
40 down, 30 more to go!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Holy Cow! That's great! I've always been impressed with your determination and perseverence with weight loss. I wish I could say the same. I actaually GAINED 10 pounds after Kaylee was born and slowly working my way down from that.