Friday, September 12, 2008

She's growing up!

Tia is definitely growing up.
Today we had planned a play date at a friends house. It seems every time we go there, we have a problem leaving and Tia ends up in tears because she doesn't want to go. Today before we headed over I told her that I REALLY didn't want her to cry at Sophia's house. I went so far as to tell her if she cried while we were there, we would just have to leave. I explained that I wanted her to be a polite girl.
In the car on the way there, Gia got a little fussy. I heard Tia whisper to her "Shh Ju Ju, no crying!". I held in a laugh.
When play time was over and it was time to go I said "OK, we have to leave in about 2 minutes because it's almost Gia's nap time". Tia very politely put down the doll she was playing with and said "OK", then proceeded to go to the door. I was floored! All the way home she talked about how much fun she had and how she would like to go back. Then she added "And I no cry Mommy!". She was proud of herself, and I made sure to tell her how proud I was of her too.
My little girl is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Isn't it great to talk with her and realize she understands? I'm still working on leaving places with joshua. We had a really bad time yesterday when we went out for a walk. We stopped to play on a friend's playset, and I gave him the 10 minute warning, as well as the 3 min. and 1 min. He threw a fit all the way home. At one point I was carrying him, his bike and pushing the stroller. That didnt' last long! What a disaster, especially when I was still about 15 houses away from home. I didn't have many options...I tried a few different things, and ended up holding him for about 5 min till he calmed down. I was mad. very mad. But the rest of the night he said over and over, "mommy told me 10, then 3 and then 1." I was happy that HE brought it up over and over so I could reinforce the importance of obeying.