Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Choose your battles wisely

I strongly believe that part of being an effective parent involves choosing your battles. I don't like to get caught up in arguments about things that really don't matter much in the grand scheme of things.
So, when Tia insisted that she wear her "beautiful princess dress" to the grocery store this morning, I chose not to fight with her. I even helped her find her crown and put her hair up. What the heck, Princesses have to shop too, and they must look glamorous doing so.
My only stipulation (because I do still have to be the Mom) is that she wear a jacket over the dress until we get in the store. She agreed, and got many accolades from her royal subjects in the produce department.
I just know when she is 13 she's going to be mad at me for letting her do this, and worst of all, taking her picture.

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

This is hysterical!