Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today I am thankful

There is a little girl here in Huntley who the locals call "Princess Teagan". Teagan will turn 3 years old this weekend, just 2 months older than my own daughter. I have never met little Teagan, nor do I know her parents, but her story has touched my heart.
Last year Teagan was diagnosed with a brain tumor and has been fighting for her life ever since. She spent 7 months in the intensive care unit of the hospital, having surgery and chemotherapy. She is now at home trying to learn how to talk and walk all over again.
I look at my own girls and think "My God, it could be us going through this!"
I am so thankful to have a healthy, happy family.
Today I will kiss them a little more, hold them a little closer, and count my many blessing.

Teagan's parents said they are thankful that they are not celebrating her birthday in the hospital this year. That puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

You can read about Teagan's story at http://princessteagan.com/

No comments: