Monday, July 28, 2008

Bears and Monkeys and Bunnies, oh my!

Tia is now having to sleep with a barrage of animals in her bed. Her 2 favorites are a Christmas Bear she received from "Gramma Cathy", our former neighbor, as well as a small Curious George doll. It's so funny that she insists on having these things with her at bed time because she was never a kid who needed comfort items. I have heard that "hoarding" things is typical for children starting at about 2 1/2 years old.
I guess this is just typical behavior.

The only problem is that she doesn't always leave her favorite items in her bed, so when it's time to go to sleep I have to go on a mad hunt around the house to find them! Once, I honestly found her Curious George (or Georgie, as she likes to call him) outside in the playhouse. I don't know what made me go out there to look but it must have been divine intervention!
Now I try to be sneaky and toss the animals up the steps as I find them around the house, so when it's nap time I don't have to go hunting for them.

Ahhh, the things we learn as Moms that save so many tears and headaches.

No comments: