Thursday, June 7, 2012

Celebration Day

Our new school puts on a big to do at the end of the year. It's sort of like "Field Days" but here they call it Celebration Day.
I was happy to hear they needed lots of parent volunteers for the preschool classes. I signed right up! I love to have the opportunity to see my kids at school, interacting with their friends, and learning!

The first big deal of the day was that Gia (the preschooler) was able to eat lunch in the cafeteria 'like a big kid'. Since preschool is half day, they are home at lunch time. It was so cool to see her go through the line and eat a school lunch, (even though it was a hot dog). She's just growing up way too fast.


Then I snuck out for a minute to run over and catch Tia having lunch with her class. Of course she packed because there was NO WAY she was going to eat a hot dog. Here she is with her new best friend Bree...


The rest of the day was spent outside playing games and having lots of fun. Here's a little glimpse...


tag!

snack time

Look at that face! I think we can safely say these kids have adjusted nicely to their new school and new friends. I just couldn't ask for anything more.

Of course this little olive skinned angel did fine out in the sun all day with a little sun block on her nose and cheeks. Her big sister and myself however got burnt to a crisp! Tia got the worst of it on her cheeks, but I got it all over my neck and chest. I can't even remember the last time I've been sun burned.
I've been to the equator, no sun burn. I've been to Italy in the August heat, no sunburn. Take me to an elementary school picnic in Wisconsin...Burnt!

A great time was had by all. And, after all that fresh air and exercise, they slept like little angels.

Happy last day of school!

No comments: