Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Mom, I WANT to try broccoli!"

Those are words I never thought I'd hear at my house.

Gia is a pretty good eater and will at least try most things we put in front of her. However, she's not big into veggies, just like most kids her age.  She mentioned to me one day that she wanted to try broccoli, and I quickly forgot all about it.  A few days later she was yelling at me that I still hadn't given her broccoli!

I steamed a bag for dinner and let her put a few pieces on her pizza.  You know the experts say getting kids in the kitchen and making them part of the process encourages them to explore more foods.

She tried some without too much excitement, then told me it was alright, but not great.  That's sort of how I feel about green beans, so I get it!

The masterpiece

So proud of herself!
I love that she's open to trying all sorts of new and different things.  I also love that she's OK with trying something and discovering she doesn't really like it.  It's all part of the learning process as far as I'm concerned.
Hooray for green food!

No comments: