Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Baby's Last Day of Preschool

Today Gia completed her first year of preschool.
I'm amazed at how much she has grown since September, and how well she has done.  If she could have, she would have gone 5 days a week because she loved it that much.

Here's the comparison shot from her first day and her last day...
                                                                                                 
September 2010
May 2011
  

Today was the end of the year ice cream social.  The kids have been so excited about it all week.


Which is why I really didn't expect Gia to get so emotional and upset!  I think she finally realized she won't be going back to school next week, and she'll miss all of her friends and teachers.  She cried her little heart out!

So sad to be leaving
We were able to distract her by asking her to show us around the room.  She was proud to show us everything from her class.


Here she is with two of her favorite teachers.  She'll miss them so much!



We feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful school for the girls.  The teachers are so caring and really develop a great relationship with the kids.
It was an emotional day for us all, but then on the way home, this happened...

totally unprompted!
It turned out to be a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures!!! She got emotional???? Awwwww!!

Hugs Gia!!!

The Sugden Kids said...

We loved it there too! Luckily though I have 2 more on their way or I would be emotional too.... my last baby in preschool! :( She is so cute and I love her haircut!