Friday, January 28, 2011

A Little More Deception

Here's our second attempt at baking with veggie puree this week.  These are the yummy peanut butter and jelly muffins from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook.  They're made with whole wheat flour, natural peanut butter, carrot puree, and just a smidge of brown sugar.  That's 'Polaner All Fruit with added Fiber' on the tops.  That's what we generally use as jelly in our house.  The kids love it.


They actually turned out great, but I made one mistake.  I bought a jar of crunchy, natural peanut butter by mistake.  Nobody in our house will eat crunchy peanut butter so I decided to use it for baking, thinking they wouldn't notice.  Unfortunately, the kids were picking nuts out of the muffins saying "what's this?", and spitting them out.  The muffins would have been a huge hit if it weren't for those darn nuts!

This was afternoon snack for the girls

Both girls ate a muffin and said they were really tasty, but asked that next time I use creamy peanut butter.  I can understand that.  I just wish that I didn't have 10 left over muffins.  More stuff in the freezer! 
At least they both got a carrot in their systems today.  I consider that a victory.

No comments: