Monday, April 26, 2010

My Busy Weekend Away

My dear friend Jen was getting married in Rochester this past weekend. I was lucky enough to be able to attend. I flew in Friday and right back out on Sunday, it was a whirlwind weekend! Since D.R. couldn't get away I decided to take my sister as my 'date'. It's been a long time since we've done something fun together, just the girls!

On Friday we met up with some friends for lunch...

I'm not sure why this picture is so small but it might be because I stole it from my sister off Facebook!
That gorgeous girl in the front is my God Daughter. She's almost 13 and is now one of the "lunching ladies". So glad she was able to join us this time.

Then we went back to my sister's house where we got to spend some time with my great-nephew. I still can' t believe my sister is a grandmother! She sure doesn't look the part.

I actually got to see all my nephews and brother in law, but I spent most of the time taking pictures of this little Angel!

On Saturday morning I had breakfast with my in-laws. It was nice to get to see them too, even for just a quick visit.
Then, it was off to the wedding. It was so beautiful, and very classy. The reception was at a hotel so we stayed the night. We sat at a table with a great group of people and really enjoyed them. Jen looked beautiful, and of course very happy. They did such a wonderful job at planning the big day.
Here's the happy couple...


My friend Dena even came to the hotel at midnight to see me, now that's dedication!
On Sunday morning we were treated to a nice breakfast at the hotel, and then it was off to the airport again! It sure was a busy weekend but it was great to get to see so many good friends and be part of Jen's big day.
Of course, the best part of the weekend was seeing my little girls run through the airport and jumping into my arms! I have to get all caught up on missed kisses and hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics!!! Good to know you had such a great time!!!