Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Last night was a big night for our girls. It was the annual Daddy-Daughter Sweetest Day dance here in Huntley. Last year Tia went but Gia was too young. They were excited to both be going this year. Since Mom's are not allowed at the dance, I had to take pictures before they left. I told Tia she should tell the people at the dance that she would like to have a Mommy dance, and she told me I was being silly. Oh well, I tried!

Tia was ready first and wanted to take pictures. Gia on the other hand didn't appreciate all the excitement and fanfare, and was refusing pictures. I think she's destined to be a movies star who is always running from the Paparazzi. No pictures please!


I finally got her to smile by being very silly for a few minutes. She couldn't hold back any longer.

Then of course Tia and Dad had to practice their routine before leaving the house!

I think they might have had more fun getting ready than they did at the actual dance. D.R. says they had fun the first hour, then everyone got tired and cranky. When they got home, the first thing Gia said was "I lost my Tia!". Apparently Tia was off dancing with some friends, and Gia couldn't find her. That's all it took for her little world to come crashing down.

Oh well, it was cute getting them all dressed up for their date with Daddy. There's always next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the pictures!!! Both Tia & Gia look adorable with their handsome daddy!!! Just too cute!