Tuesday, June 2, 2009

G is for Gia!


I always feel a little bit brave when I bring out the art supplies. Today is the first day I actually allowed Gia to participate in a painting project. Usually, I give her something else to do while Tia paints. Today I felt compelled to let her join in on the painting fun because the project was for her room.
A few years ago, my sister painted the letters of Tia's name to be hung on her wall. When Gia came along, I said I would do the same thing for her room. It's been 2 years and I'm just now getting around to it!

Here are the kids painting letters.

They had a blast, and it was well worth the mess.

Those little paint cups are actually from single serve brown rice containers. I couldn't bring myself to throw them out, knowing I could use them for something (just like my Mom!).

I decided I didn't like the white letter 'I', so while the kids weren't looking, I changed it to yellow. I don't think I'm thrilled about how the yellow looks either, but I can change it some day if it really bothers me.

And here's the finished product, hanging in her room.


No comments: