Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hi, My name is Ronda and I'm an addict!

I think I'm totally addicted to reading. My current 'drug' of choice is Janet Evanovich. The funny thing is that I NEVER used to read fiction. I figured if I was going to read something, I might as well learn something factual.
My friend Emily send the first 3 books in the Evanovich series to my Mom to read while going through chemo. She passed them on to me. I read all 3 in just 4 days! I was thrilled to discover there are lots and lots more.
Last year I wrote a post about wanting to read more and that I had read 10 books by July. That's 6 months to read 10 books. I thought that was pretty good at the time. Today I am proud to say that I have finished my 11th book, and this time it only took me 3 months! It's not that I am a faster reader. It helps that my kids no longer take bottles, one of them is totally potty trained, and they both still nap nicely every afternoon. Talk about free time! I'm carving out some "me time" each day and I love it. It's so quiet in the house when the girls go to bed. I turn off the TV, curl up on the couch, and get totally lost in the latest adventure.
I guess I could be addicted to much worse things. So, here's to the next 11 books!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have read her first one. My Best Friend Melanie who reads slower than molasses has read all of the 1 for the money... books lightening fast