Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Four years

August 6, 2004. That's the day we promised to love each other forever. We can't believe how much we have done in just 4 short years! I dare say we have endured more changes than most couples do in a lifetime. Phew.

Every year we do something big for our anniversary:
The first year we took a trip to Savannah, Ga. and Amelia Island, Fl. I was pregnant for Tia.
For our second we went to Hawaii, and I was pregnant with Giuliana but didn't really know it for sure yet!
The third year we went to Seattle, WA. with both kids. It's a great time of year to go to Seattle, we had wonderful weather. Even better than that, I WASN'T pregnant that year!
This year, we went out to dinner. We had our big family vacation earlier this year to Mexico so we really couldn't justify another trip.
We had plans to go out for Japanese. When we arrived, the restaurant was not open yet, and we were all really hungry. We decided to go to Sweet Tomatoes. I have to laugh. Our 'romantic' dinner out was a buffet, with both kids! I wouldn't want it any other way. D.R. put it best when he said "It doesn't matter where we go, as long as we're all together".

We are already planning where we are going next year though. D.R. says it's up to me. I'll have to give this one lots of thought.
I suppose the location isn't that important as long as we remain as in love as we are now.

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Happy Anniversary! You have done a lot together in four years. It's nice to hear how much you enjoy being together as a family. I suppose that's one of the main reasons you've done so well moving to a new state without knowing anyone there. If you have each other, anything else is just extra.