Thursday, July 24, 2008

10 Books, WOW!

I had a love of books when I was younger. Once I became a mom, I never seemed to find the time to read more than the newspaper headlines. This year I decided to make some time for ME and start reading again. It also helped that Tia loves to visit our local library. When she wants to go pick out new books, I get some for me too. D.R. is also reading again! I still don't really know how either of us find the time but in the midst of our very busy lives, I have managed to read 10 books already this year! Some have been OK, and some have been fantastic, like "The Testament" by John Grisham. D.R. says I become obsessed with a new book, and he is right. I had a dream the other night about some of the characters in the Grisham book. That's going a bit too far, I admit. With my new found love of literature I hope 2 things happen. First I hope that reading will keep me sharp, imaginitive, and well versed. I also hope that our children will grow up with an appetite for literature. I truly believe that education continues throughout life. Just because we stop going to a classroom, doesn't have to mean we stop learning.

No comments: